When spring officially arrives, as it has, why not get ‘a head start’ and purge what may have mounted up this past season.
Below is a list of items that tend to multiply in the average home. Use this list as a guide and challenge yourself to tackle one item at a time.
- Gather up all your wire hangers and either bring them back to your local dry cleaner or recycle them.
- Recycle your newspapers and any old magazines.
- Purge any expired food in your pantry and refrigerator.
- Recycle any leftover containers that no longer have a matching top.
- You know that pile of socks that has accumulated with no match….donate them!
- Remove any torn or tattered towels & sheets from your linen closet and donate them to your local animal shelter. http://delcospca.org
- Streamline your desk area. Throw out any broken pens, pencils, crayons, & markers which no longer have a lid.
- Finally, purge your inbox!
- Purge any books that you may have read this winter and donate them to Surrey Senior Services...books are always a best seller!
- Go through your closet and donate what was not worn this season especially those clothes that no longer fit…who wants that reminder?
- Go through all snow gear…snow pants, jackets, hats, gloves, and boots. Donate what no longer fits to either a younger sibling, cousin, or your local charity. As a reminder, remember to put the donation bag in your car.
- Pack away any unused salt/melt-away in a sealed container in your garage.
- Go through your medicine cabinet and check expiration dates. This link provides information on PA’s Drug ‘Take Back’ Program. http://www.ddap.pa.gov/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1666644&mode=2
- Purge any makeup that is older than 6 months…why risk an eye infection!
- Start to corral your winter woolens and take a few items at a time to the dry cleaner to have them cleaned before you store them…this investment will help to keep any moths at bay.
Purging this spring will provide the peace needed to enjoy this beautiful season!